What is LEED certified?
LEED stands for “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.” It is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices. LEED changes the way we construct, design, maintain and develop buildings around the world by finding alternative ways to save money and resources while focusing on renewable clean energy. It is the only global rating system that offers regional approaches to environmental and building issues to assist projects in the making. This environmental leading program has hit the ground running and is the next biggest approach to building.
What companies offer LEED certified log home construction?
- Precision Craft Meridian, Idaho
- Town & Country Cedar Home Petoskey, Michigan
- True North Log Homes Bracebridge, Ontario
- Teton Heritage Builders Jackson, Wyoming Gallatin Gateway, Montana
- Alta Log Homes Halcottsville, New York
Aspects LEED Qualifications are Focused on:
Water Efficiency Sustainable Sites Energy & Atmosphere Materials & Resources Indoor Environmental Quality Innovation & Design Process
What type of materials can you buy to reach LEED standards?
The LEED certified program focuses on environmentally-friendly approaches that help preserve and protect the earth. We gathered some examples of materials that can be used towards LEED certifiable standards.
- Reused Materials (different from recycled) This qualification includes materials that are reused, salvaged, or refurbished pieces from another site.
- Responsibly Harvested Wood Products This qualification can be from any local landscaper or sourced within 500 miles of where the project is being developed. It can also include other extracted or recovered materials, as well.
- Non-toxic Materials All natural materials are certified for LEED standards since they are chemical free, making them harmless to the environment. Using natural ingredients does not poison the ground or building at your project site as the ingredients will not emit any harmful substances.
- Perma-Chink Materials This specific product line is focused on the environmental and ecological aspects of building a log home. The Perma-Chink line is sustainable and continues to produce products that are both energy-efficient and safe for log and timber home construction. Every product is free of toxins and are designed for lifelong use with minimal applications. Chemists have spent countless hours developing products that have the longest shelf life possible, making them incredibly eco-friendly.
Check out all of the products Timeless Wood Care has to help you reach your goal of a LEED-certified log home. Timeless sells numerous Perma-Chink materials and other products that have received LEED certification. If you have any questions or would like to talk to a professional at Timeless Wood Care, please fill out our contact form online or give us a call today at (231) 798-8580.